Bethesda Baptist Church Logo

Bethesda Baptist Church Logo

Thursday, February 3, 2011

"Call Your Next Witness": A Sermon Outline for Sunday, January 30, 2011

“Call Your Next Witness”
John 5:30-40

Proposition:  Jesus has made some mighty claims but who is HE to make them?

Transition:  Jesus shares with us 4 such witnesses in our text this morning.

I.  Remember the Testimony of John the Baptist (vv. 33-35)
            A.  His Witness was Authoritative (vv. 33a, 35b)
            B.  His Witness was the Truth (v. 33b)
            C.  His Witness was a Lamp (v. 35a)
            D.  His Witness Serves My Purpose (v. 34)

II.  Review the Testimony of My Works (v. 36)
            A.  My Works are a Greater Testimony
            B.  My Works are Given by the Father
            C.  My Works Confirm My Divine Mission

III.  Receive the Testimony of God the Father (vv. 37-38)
            A.  His Testimony has been Given
            B.  His Testimony stands forever
            C.  His Testimony you have not received.

IV.  Research the Testimony of the Scriptures (vv. 39-40)
            A.  The Scriptures DO Contain Eternal Life
            B.  The Scriptures DO Contain Eternal Life for They Testify of Christ

No comments:

Post a Comment